Saturday, January 5, 2013

Book Review: "Blah Blah Blah: What to do When Words Don't Work

I just finished a great book; "Blah Blah Blah: What to do When Words Don't Work" by Dan Roam. Don't worry by how thick it is, it's made of heavy paper and has lots of pictures in it. So, it's a quick read--even for someone who reads as slow as I do.

It's a new take on how to communicate better. More importantly, how to think of your ideas and distill them down differently, better, so that others can understand your point quicker and easier. I love how the approach engages both the visual and "words" parts of your brain. 

While reading the book, I realized I sort-of already thought that way--must be the artist in me. But, I can tell that the book has already improved this way that I think. If you're an artist struggling to get people to understand your ideas, this book is definitely for you . . .  actually, this book is for anyone who wishes they could get others to understand them better.

If you play that popular "drawing" game with your friends, this book will improve your competitiveness--at least that I've found. This book is definitely a two-thumbs-up/5-star rating and I recommend it for anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment