Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Mission & Vision

I was recently "relieved" of my day job. After a moment of panic, I decided to turn my aspirations of writing into aspirations of a writing paycheck. It was already a goal for 2012 to get things going and continue focusing on the writing side of my life, but now I'm taking advantage of the sudden onset of a-lot-of-time-on-my-hands and launch a freelance writing/copyediting business.

The first part I needed was to finalize my mission and vision statements. After a lot of hard work and even more editing, I've finally came up with them. In the end, I created two sets; one for me as a writer, and one for my new freelance writing/copyediting business. Here they are for your viewing pleasure.

  • My Writing Mission:
    To conjure wonderful, spellbinding stories and compelling characters that help readers escape reality and lose themselves between the pages. To have every story be an improvement to the craft and to be a leader and member of a supportive writing community, through blogs, critiques, and social networking. To create a body of novel-length works and collected stories that crosses genre boundaries to reach a wide audience.
  • My Writing Vision:
    I am a prolific writer with a wide body of work and a cult-like following that allows me the success of living the dream of the craft.
  • My Freelance Mission:
    Leveraging my unique point-of-view and experience in communications, I work with clients to develop compelling and powerful copy through customized content creation and careful editing.
  • My Freelance Vision:
    I am the freelance writer/copyeditor of choice for the clients I serve and am the leader in customer value.

The next part, is to get my name and mission out there and start the search for clients. I've even drafted a schedule to maximize productivity and not fall into the laziness cycle with the newfound overabundance of time. Tomorrow, I start the project of updating and finishing my website. It's been woefully "under construction" for too long now. The "incident" with my last host that caused the complete loss of my previous site (including all its content) really set a daunting mountain to climb that I've avoided thus far. But, cannot have a freelance business without a site and online presence. (It all seems to keep coming back to that.)

Stay on the look out for more news in the coming days!


No comments:

Post a Comment